Monday, August 13, 2012

19 days and counting...

If you're anything like me, you loooove a good ridiculous TLC special. Hence my title today, with a nod towards those crazy Duggers! Anyway, today I found myself being sucked into "Here Come's Honey Boo Boo". It was like a slow motion horrifying train wreck, I wanted to look away and change the channel, but I just couldn't. They were at a redneck reunion of sorts and having belly flop contests and bobbing for pig's feet. It was incredible! If you are not familiar with Honey Boo Boo, she is one of the stars of Toddler's and Tiaras, and she is straight craaaazy!! A good example of that is below. You can thank me later.

On to other fun topics, my bachelorette party was two weekends ago and it was soooooo much fun! My amazing best and oldest friend, Lindsey, organized everything and it was such a blast. We all met in Raleigh at the hotel and started out with drinks and some much needed girl talk. We then went to a pole dancing class at Triangle Pole Fitness and really enjoyed it! The instructor was awesome and we all left thoroughly sore but feeling sassy! We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and went on to this bar downtown called Solas. I had so much fun and it was so wonderful to get all the girls together. Last weekend Lindsey also threw a bachelorette party for her college friend,  Tiffany, who is getting married at the end of September in Charlotte. Linds is pulling double MOH duties during the month of September! We had dinner at Blackfinn's in the Epicenter (which was delicious!!) and then went up to Suite. Suite thinks an awful lot of themselves to not have any seating you don't have to pay for and expensive beers so instead of hanging around there, we went next door to Howl At The Moon and had a blast! They have a live piano band that can literally play any song you request and super cheap drink specials. 

This past weekend, my aunts threw Luke and I a "His & Her's Fiesta" at the lake house and it was so wonderful. We got all kinds of goodies! Now I just have to get on top of writing all those thank you notes and figuring out how we're going to squeeze our stuff into our tiny house!

What have you been doing with your weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment