Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oh the places you'll go!

So about my big adventure.... Friday morning I got up at 5 a.m. so I could be at the train station in Charlotte by 6:15. I took the Amtrak for the first time ever and it was really a lot of fun. Definitely better than driving alone. I got to Wilson just before 11:30, and my love, Ashley picked me up. We went on to Greenville and made a day of it! We had fried sushi for lunch, got her car inspected, swung by the store so I could pick up some wine bottles from Lindsay, and sat at Sonic drinking happy hour slushies until Stacey left from her last day at work. As it turns out, she is also moving back home. Ironically enough it is for completely different reasons but our homes aren't too far apart and we're both looking to start new lives. We packed up the remainder of Stacey's things, got ready and had a goodbye celebration at Winslow's. Once again, it was so good to see everyone but it was even more bittersweet knowing that this time was seriously the last time. Stace and I loaded up her car Saturday morning and with Greenville forever in our dust, headed back west.

Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, Luke and I spent with his best friend and his family. His friend's father passed away earlier in the week after complications from an ATV wreck. It was really just an unbelievable tragedy. My heart goes out to them.

Monday night Luke was working out of town and Lindsey's dad was gone on a motorcycle ride, so we threw ourselves a good old fashioned girls night. We drank Sangria, creeped on Facebook, gossiped about all the news that has happened since we last spoke, planned out bachelorette details and had a dance-a-thon. I was so sore when I woke up Tuesday morning. There was a "Pretty Little Liars" marathon on all day Tuesday, so of course she got me addicted. It's just so strange to think that even after all the changes we've experienced in the last few months, that even more will change in the few months ahead. Our girls nights are going to be few and far between, but we better grasp the opportunity every time we can. Friends like this are hard to come by.

I tried to capture random moments of my trips to share with y'all, but as you can see, I'm horrible at always having my camera ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment