Friday, July 24, 2015

Where I'm going.

My current job is in corporate retail. I feel the need to tell you that so you can follow along. If you're lucky enough to be unfamiliar with this world, just think "Devil wears Prada". It's pretty spot on. I always thought this was where I would want to spend my days. Sometimes I have days where it's glamorous and fun and I get to be really creative and I think to myself, "See, you were right to want this!" but then those moments quickly pass. Now I know, that as a grown up, work isn't always about having fun. There are going to be days you hate dealing with morons who make you question your very existence. What I'm talking about here is the bone-deep-soul-crushing knowledge that this is not the place for you. You know that feeling? Sometimes it happens when my gps lies to me and I wind up in the hood instead of the restaurant I'm meeting my friend at. This is much more serious than that. Thing is- I don't know what I'm going to do about it. 

I want to work for myself. I know I'm good at things and smart enough to figure it out. I'm just having a life crisis over here, folks. Don't mind me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment