Saturday, January 28, 2012

Here we go!

           Mama always said I should write a book. Here lately, I've been thinking she might be on to something. So I figured, this would be a fun way to get started. Well, a little about me. My name is Kendle, like the e-reader but with an e. I'm getting married this coming labor day weekend to my best friend. I honestly never thought this day would come. I met Luke the week I turned 18 through a mutual friend. He ran a small garage in the middle of town at the time and had a grease stain on his shirt, had gotten grease in his eye and it was swollen shut and looked like he would rather be anywhere else but there and I knew instantly that my world would never be the same. I'm from a small town called Alexis, and I always thought that the second I could, I would run out of it and never look back. I ran all the way to Greenville, NC (a whole 5 hours away) and began my adventure at East Carolina University (goooo Pirates!). Luke and I didn't start dating until my sophomore year of college because he was seeing someone else at the time we met, and I was pretty broken from my last relationship. One week after we started dating, he calls me one night, a little worse for wear and goes, "I know it's only been one week, and I had two little bitty dumb old turkey sandwiches for lunch, but I think I'm falling in love with you". I was sold. That was the beginning of my happy ever after. I can't wait to marry him.

       As excited as I am about getting married though, planning the wedding is so stressful! I'm currently still in Greenville because right after graduation I got supremely lucky and found the most amazing job, working for Overton's, a watersports company. So I'm planning a wedding that will take place in Alexis from Greenville (super hard!). I'm also trying to be as budget friendly as possible, and in the meantime trying to find another job in the Charlotte area since Luke is from my hometown and that's where our house and land are. Talk about stressed out! I found and ordered my dream dress online from Discount-Dress. It was custom made per my measurements and arrived exactly 2 weeks later. Best part is that it fits perfectly! If you're looking for any type of evening gown, seriously check them out! I'm having the wedding at my parent's house in our horse pasture behind the barn. The reception will be in front of the barn in our front pasture. My father is thrilled about having to figure out how to clean up horse poop for the next 8 months. I tend to be over the top with everything I do, but I'm really trying to tone down the wedding. Mine and Luke's love is easy, simple, honest and I want my wedding to reflect that. Whoa, I've blown this page up! Hope I didn't lose any of you! Since I am terribly new at all of this blogging, I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have for me to better this site!





No comments:

Post a Comment